Thursday, December 30, 2004

ok, translated another poem, but still didnt study hard enough for my hebrew test. eh, whatever. it's my last one ever. again, yehuda amickai...

"God Full of Mercy"

But for the God full of mercy
The mercies would be in the world and not just in his.
I, who picked flowers on the mountain
And looked over all the valleys,
I who carried corpses from the hills,
Know to tell that the world is empty of mercy.

I, who was the king of salt by the sea,
Who stood without a decision next to my window,
Who counted angel’s steps
That my heart lifted weights of pain
In the horrific competitions.

I who uses but a small portion
Of the words in the dictionary.
I, who must solve riddles against my will
Know if but for the god full of mercy
There would be mercy in the world
And not just in his.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brian H said...

Oof. Reads like spiritual despair and nihilism, almost. A kind of abstracted but very personal collision with theodicy.

January 3, 2005 at 6:46 AM  
Blogger ~d~ said...

uh...not quite. that's a bit like saying whitman was a selfdiluted animist.

January 3, 2005 at 5:09 PM  
Blogger Music Downloads Center said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about music so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work!

November 4, 2005 at 9:28 AM  
Anonymous Celia said...

this article is fantastic, the information you have about this topic is very interesting and is really good written it´s great!! do you want to know something more? read : Glass Bongs and Bong featuring Herbal Smoke, water bongs, bongs online head shop, Marijuana Alternative,glass water bongs, Hashish, Ganja, homemade bongs, Smokeshop, cannibis, legal smoking alternatives for herbal highs and aphrodisia. http://www.headshopinternational.com

March 19, 2007 at 5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who reviews about
Several
home business opportunity

If you want to know more here it is
home business opportunity
www.home-businessreviews.com

March 2, 2010 at 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home